Protest against quarry
Mt Cannibal and District Preservation Group is holding a protest walk against the proposed Bunyip North quarry.
- Mt Cannibal Reserve, Garfield North Road, Garfield North, on 12 November 2017 from 10.30am to 1pm.
Meditation retreat day
This event will allow participants to reflect and renew, bringing harmony and joy into their lives.
- The Open Door, 110 Ann Street, Dandenong. Sunday 12 November, 9.45am to 2.30pm. A $10 suggested donation includes a light lunch. Spaces are limited. Call 9791 8664.
Family Movie Night
Alive Crusade is holding a family movie night screening Disney’s Inside Out on 10 November at Wilson Botanic Park in Berwick. The night will consist of some pre-movie family friendly entertainment, screening of the movie, food and drink vendors and a raffle. There will be kid’s entertainment, raffle, food trucks and BYO picnic rugs and beanbags. It will be a free event with the option of a voluntary gold coin donation upon entry. All funds will go towards Alive Crusade Centre for suicide depression, and anxiety prevention.
- Wilson Botanic Park, Berwick, on Friday 10 November from 6pm. For more info www.alivecrusade.com or visit Facebook.
Charity golf day
Shoot for a $10,000 hole-in-one in a charity golf event held by the Rotary Club of Narre Warren. The day consists of ambrose men’s and ladies events and a sit-down dinner. Corporate sponsors also gain course signage, on-course barbecue, on-course drinks and two golf carts.
- Friday, 17 November from 12.30pm at Berwick Montuna Golf Club, Emerald-Beaconsfield Road, Guys Hill. Details from firstname.lastname@example.org or Roger McGill on 0429 345 627.
This Me and My Dad workshop is designed for kids aged seven to 11 years and an accompanying parent or carer.
Participants will learn about erosion, plate tectonics, land forms, soil classification, earthquakes, rock types and more in this hands-on activity.
- Dandenong Library, Level 2, 225 Lonsdale Street, Dandenong. Saturday 11 November, 3pm. Call 1300 630 920 for bookings.
It’s show time!
The Outback Stockman’s Show will be on all weekend and is included in the admission price.
Also on both days will be roving balloon twisting, dog flyball, free entertainment in the children’s area and sheep pavilion, and community displays.
On Saturday there’ll be a GT Falcons display, gum boot throws, a great grocery giveaway, tractor pull, Highland dancing, a fireworks at 9pm, and a FReeZA Entertainment Extravaganza.
Sunday will feature a Hot Rod Club of Victoria show and shine, Hot Saws, sheep dog and sheep shearing demonstrations, a cattle display and hand milking, and a free ‘guess the weight of the animal’ contest.
- Greaves Reserve, Bennet Street, Dandenong. Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 November. Gates open 9am both days. Buy one ride ticket, get one free between 10am and noon on both show days. Entry is $10 for adults, $5 for kids aged six to 16 years and free for children aged five years and under. Family show tickets for two adults and up to four children are available via pre-purchase for $25. Visit dandyshow.com.au/tickets.