Fun at parkrun
Pakenham parkrun is a free weekly timed 5km event for runners of all standards, which takes place every Saturday. The group encourages people of all-abilities to take part, from those taking their first steps in running to Olympians, from juniors 5 years or older to those with decades of experience
- Saturdays at 8am at Toomuc Reserve, Rundell Way, Pakenham. Visit www.parkrun.com.au or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Berwick’s toy library
Berwick’s toy library will host a Super Duper Open Day. Join on the day to borrow from our collection of more than 600 toys, games and puzzles for kids. This free event will showcase our huge toy collection, and a display of toys, games and equipment that are relevant to each stage of a child’s development. Young kids (0-6 years) will be able to explore our entire collection of toys, puzzles, games, and costumes, and there will be free face painting, outdoor play, as well as a coffee station for caregivers. We hope the event will be an opportunity for local caregivers to connect, chat and share stories and ideas about young children and their communities.
- Timbarra Community Centre, Berwick, on Saturday 4 November, 1pm-3pm. More information: www.berwicktoylibrary.com.au
International Games Day
Greater Dandenong Libraries will host snakes and ladders, giant jenga, a FIFA tournament and much more.
Bookings are required for tournaments.
- Dandenong Library and Harmony Square, 225 Lonsdale Street, Dandenong, and Springvale Library, 411 Springvale Road, Springvale. Saturday 4 November, 11am to 4pm. For more information or to book in for a tournament, call 1300 630 920.
Something for seniors
Come and try a game of table tennis with the Narre Warren Seniors Club. Male and female players are welcome.
Friendly games just for fun and exercise. Entry fee is $1 and sharing coffee, tea and biscuits available make it a social morning with friends. Free coaching is provided.
- Saturday mornings from 9.30am-noon. 192-196 Centre Road, near the Narre Warren railway station. Call 9704 0015 or 0426 736 467.
Friends of Red Cross Australia’s Hallam branch will run a big cake stall.
Items for sale will include bargain gifts for Christmas, bric-a-brac, knitted items, handmade goods for the home, plants, cakes, slices and spreads.
Donations of saleable items would be appreciated. Contact Betty on 9774 0194 for details.
- Autumn Place, Doveton. Friday 3 November, 9am to 1.30pm. Call Betty on 9774 0194 for details.