Halloween at the market
The Dandenong Market will mark Halloween with two spooktakular days.
Sunday 29 October will include a trick or treat treasure hunt for kids, limited edition dishes, a mad scientist magic show, a zombie jazz band, face painting and more. There’ll be Halloween-themed dishes on Tuesday 31 October and monsters meandering the market on stilts to give spooky scares.
- Dandenong Market, corner Clow and Cleeland streets, Dandenong. Sunday 29 October, 10am to 3pm, and Tuesday 31 October, 11am to 3pm.
The Melbourne Bear Bazaar
The Melbourne Bear Bazaar is coming to Pakenham again this year.
- Sunday 29 October, from 10am to 4pm, at the Cardinia Cultural Centre.
Swing into Spring
One of Melbourne’s leading community bands, the Casey Concert Band, with the Down South Big Band will “Swing into Spring“ with a wide selection of tunes from the great swing era of jazz. Several well-known vocalists will be featured as well as the award-winning Berwick Grammar School Big Band. All proceeds will be donated to the Jared Dunscombe Fund which supports Righteous Dogs – a group that trains companion dogs for autistic and type-one diabetes kids.
- St Margaret’s School Auditorium, Berwick, 2pm Sunday 29 October. Tickets at www.trybooking.com/314523 or contact Greg on 0421 611 930.
Supper Dance with Music by ‘Crash the Party’
Book your tickets now to join in this fun, party night. Crash the Party plays great music from several decades. Desserts, tea and coffee provided for supper. BYO nibbles and drinks.
This is a fund-raiser event hosted by Casey Choir, with raffles, prizes, auction items and lots of fun
- Saturday 28 October, Akoonah Park Function Room. Princes Highway, Berwick. Tickets: $35; bookings to Gerlinde on 0403 012 453.
Barry Plant Real Estate Pakenham is fundraising for Make-A-Wish Australia.
Everyone is invited to pop down to the branch on Saturday for a snag in bread or to purchase a raffle ticket in support of the children’s foundation.
- Saturday 28 October, 11am to 2pm, at 18 Station Street, Pakenham. Cost is $2.50 for a sausage in bread and a gold coin donation for drink.